Wednesday, April 29
After a break i'm doing this post. This wasn't a intentional break, but we did shifted our house 2 weeks back, and somehow i wasn't able to browse from my new home. 1 week i was busy packing and unpacking, and now my laptop is setup in the same room ,where my kids take their afternoon nap, my only time for browsing. And they do "Sleep like a baby".(i always wonder why that mattress companies says 'like a baby', though babies are so notorious sleepers,may be the hours..).
Now coming to these Stuffed Peppers, there are a lot of ways to make these stuffed chillies, you may either fill them with potatoes(as i did), or gramflour or mixed vegetables,or any non veg stuffing, anything as par your taste. For the gramflour filling you can check stuffed chillies, which i posted earlier. Also as i didn't had oven so i made them on stove top, but doing in oven is better and easier.
4 small sized green peppers
4 potatoes bolied n mashed
1 cup chopped mix vegetables
3 tbsp cooking oil
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 large onion finely chopped
1 green chilli finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp raw mango powder
Salt to taste
Wash the green peppers well and pat dry with paper towel. Cut the top off about 1/2" from where the stem is attached. Deseed and set aside.
Trim bottoms very slightly (do not make a hole) so as the peppers can stand up. Put all cleaned peppers in hot water till half done,drain and set aside for later use.
Heat 3 tbsps of cooking oil, add the cumin seeds. Now add the green chillies and garlic and fry till done.
Add the onion and fry till soft. Then add all finely chopped mixed veggies(i used carrots,peas,corn,beans, n deseeded capsicums) and cook till soft.
Now add all the powdered spices and fry for about a minute.
Finally add the mashed potato and mix well to blend with all the spices. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the fire, add salt to taste and mix well.
Now stuff each pepper fully with the mashed potato mix. Press down and top up to ensure they are well filled.
Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a shallow pan on a low flame. When hot add the peppers (standing up) and fry covered till done.
Gently turn the peppers all around and fry till golden. Turn off fire.
Garnish with grated cheese on top or even paneer.
Its easier if after stuffing ,grate chesse on top, and bake them in the oven.
You also slit the chillies (if they are big), from the centre and cut them into 2 halves.
Sending this to FIC: Red + Green event going in my blog ,initiated by Harini. Also do check out for MBP event, which shall be guest hosted here next month.
Sunday, April 5
Here comes a huge roudup of A Fruit A Month : Cucumber. I'm really overjoyed with the huge response. Thanx maheswari again, for letting me host one of my favourite fruit. Now i have lots of recipes, so as not to use cucumbers only in salads; but anything and everything, from main course to curries, pickels, smoothies or soup.
The cucumber is a natural diuretic which is used in the fitness world by bodybuilders and people trying to reduce their weight. So use externally for soothing your puffed eyes, or drink its juice to detoxify your body, its good for us. Or have it in so many different ways this summer and stay coooool.
1. Cucumber Soup by Aparna Prabhu of APS KITCHEN
2. Cold gazpacho soup by Neha of Tasty Recipes
3.Cucumber almond soup by A&N of Delectably Yours
4.Avacado and cucumber soup by Swapna of Cooking with swapna
1. Tomato cucumber Salad by Food fanatic of Food fanatic
2. Khamang kakdi by Sanika N of Spicy & Tangy.....Sweet & Yummy !!!!
3. Soya N Cucumber Chilly by Aparna of Aps Kitchen
4.Cucumber Avocado Fiesta Salsa by Asha of Foodie's Hope
5. Kisrawiyya by Jessica Voloudakis of Fearless Kitchen
6. Cucumber Salad with Peanuts by Apu of Annarasa -Essence of Food
7. Cucumber Salad by Ashwini of Nanna Adige
8. Oh ee mu chim by PJ of Seduce your tastebuds
9. Carrot cucumber tomato salad by Vidya Venky of vidyascreations
10. Som Tam Mia Noi by Miri of Peppermill
11. Cucumber Peanut summer salad by Neha of Tasty Recipes
1. Cucumber Paratha by Sanika N of Spicy & Tangy.....Sweet & Yummy !!!!
2. Cucumber Wheat Dosa by Trupti of Recipe Center
3. Cucumber Pepper Idli by Deepika of Less Sugar, Please
4. Kakdi thalpith by Preeti of Khaugiri
5.Vegetable rice by Kalva of Curry In Kadai
1.Cucumber Mustard Chutney by Deepika of Less Sugar, Please
2. Cucumber Dosa and Cucumber Chutney by Supriya of Queen of my kitchen
3. Cucumber chutney by prajusha of icookipsot
4. Tzaziki by Malini of Khana Khazana with Malini
5. Oi Sobaki by Shree of ShreeZ Experiments
1. Cucumber Raita by Bhawna Gupta of From My Palate
2. Cucumber raita by EC of Simple Indian food
3. Cucumber Yogurt Salad by Meera of enjoyindianfood
4. Spicy Cucumber Raita by Vidya of Delectable Vegetarian Recipes
5. Cucumber Sandwich by Madhumathi of Madhu's Food Journal
6. Cheese Veggie Sandwich by Rupali Jain of North Ki Rasoi Se...
1. Tamata-Dosakaya Curry by Lubna of Yummy Food
2. Dosakaya Pappu by Lubna of Yummy Food
3. Cucumber curry by Mahima of Olivesandbasil
4. Vellarikkai Puli Pachadi by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen
5. Vellarikka Kichadi by Divya Kudua of Easycooking
6. Southekayi Majjige Huli by Sushma of Savi-Ruchi
7. Southekayi Koddel by Lakshmi of Cooking Station
8. Sowthekai Kairasa by Srividya of Vidya's Kitchen
9. Khamang Kakdi by Preeti of Khaugiri
Smoothies & Coolers
1 . Strawberry N Cucumber Shake by Priyasuresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
2. Cucumber Popsicle by Priyasuresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
3. Cucumber and mint cooler by rekha of plantainleaf
4. Cucumber Lemonade by Uma of Essence of Andhra
5. Cucumber kiwi cooler by Cham of Spice-club
6. Cucumber drink by Deepa Hari of Simple Home Cooking
7. Cucumber Coolers by Sweatha of TastyCurryLeaf
8. Cucumber Coolers by Sweatha of TastyCurryLeaf
I did tried not to miss any entry, but if i did so , please do remind me, so as i can update it correctly. Thanx you all again for your lovely entries...
Thursday, April 2
This month i got the honour of hosting FIC, Food In Colors. Thanx Harini for that. So when i thought about which color to select ,i was really confused. It's always there for me, selection is a big trouble, for everthing. What all basic primary colors (or their shades) i could think of in terms of colors of food, were already over. So, after litreally eating away poor harini head, we decided to give it a twist and we ended up in a COMBO. "Red + Green". Whatever you prepare, the final dish should highlight BOTH the colours. Greens shouldn't be just a garnish(from coriander,mint etc), but a prominent color from the main ingredients of the dish. Quite tricky??. No No..., Just its just that green can come from capsicum, beans, peas etc..
So all do send me any vegetarian food, containing the selected colours predominantly. It could be anything from a starter, main course, side dish or a dessert - anything as long as the in the final dish Red And Green BOTH colors can be seen.
Some simple rules as stated by event starter:
1. Raw vegetables are not allowed except if used as such in salads or prepared food!
2. Any number of entries are welcome as long as the posts are done in the month of April. That is 1st April to 30th April.
3. Posts should be linked back to this event to this announcement post and to Sunshinemom of Tongue Ticklers
4. The food item should be vegetarian which may contain eggs.
5. Send the following details to neha.agrawal.2610(at)gmail(dot)com with the FIC, as its subject line
A Photo of final dish(any size)
6. The use of logo is optional, if you use good, if not then also good.:)
7. If you are a non-blogger and you wish to participate, send in the above details with the recipe. I will post them in the round up.
The last date is 30th April, end of April. So all, do send me ur entries for this colorful event..
Waiting for ur entries...