Tuesday, June 30
Finally this month i got the oppurtunity to host the event Cooking for Kids (CFK), a monthly event started by Sharmi @ Neivedyam. Sharmi wanted some time to get settled in her new home, and what i wanted was this oppurtunity to guest host this event . Seriously being a mom of 2 picky ,fuzzy eaters(5 yrs n 3 years ), and wanting them to have a proper balanced diet is really no joke.
Soon my kids too would start half day schools, and i would need a lots n lots of ideas to pack their lunch boxes. So, thought, why not have this as theme for July's edition of Cooking With Kids. When we were kids , we used to have whatever mom used to put in tiffin boxes, but now a days with so much junk food around, kids have gone so choosy, and we feel , how to somehow give them whatever healthy is possible.
So all you need is to cook something which goes as a healthy lunch box. It could be anything that can be packed and given to the kids for their lunch or snack time, and ofcourse is healthy.
Some simple guidelines for the event :
A Photo of any size
Last date of this event is July 31st, 2009. So ,please all moms do share your yummy and healthy lunch boxes here with me, for all the other mom's to get benefit from.
Monday, June 15
Few weeks back was watching Sanjeev Kapoor's 'Khana Khanzana' and came across this recipe. Looked nice and healthy too and luckily was having all the ingredients at home, so that evening itself tried them out and they came out really well. All the ingredients were i felt healthy, and were the ones that i wanna add to my diet, and the best thing it's a shallow fried snack, unlike most indian snacks. Healthy ingredients like sago Sabudana or tapioca or pearl sago, soya nuggets and tofu . Do try out, it really taste yum...
Soya chunks, soaked and drained 2 cups
Onion, finely chopped 1 large
Green chillies, finely chopped 2
Coriander powder1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Ginger, grated 1 inch
Chaat masala 1 tsp
Dry mango powder (amchur) ¼ tsp
Tofu(extra firm), grated 150 grams
Poha, soaked ½ cup
Sago (sabudana),soaked 3-4 tbsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil to shallow fry
Blend soaked soya chunks, onion, green chillies, coriander powder, salt, cumin powder, red chilli powder, ginger, chaat masala powder and amchur powder in a blender.
After that in same blender add tofu and continue to blend for two more minutes.
Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add soaked poha, sabudana, garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves ; mix well .
Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round kababs.
Heat oil in a shallow frying pan. Gently lower the kebabs in the oil, and shallow fry them till they are golden brown on both the sides.
Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
Breadcrumbs can be used in place of (and also along with) poha.
If you don't like tofu, can add paneer too to it.
Tuesday, June 2
Here comes the roundup of Monthly blog Patrol : Mango masti. Thanx again to coffee for letting me host the event. I really enjoyed seeing all the mangoes coming in my inbox this summer. You all also enjoy..
1. Frozen Mango Yogurt by Sadhna of a2zvegetariancuisine inspired from here
2. Mango Ice Cream by Anu of My Scrawls inspired from here
3. Mango Pudding by Poornima of Tasty Treats inspired from here
4.Shrikhand with mango bites by Cham of Spice-club inspired from here
5. Aamras by Priyasuresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes inspired from here
6. Mango Jam by Divya Kudua of Easycooking inspired from here
7. Mascarpone cheese and mango by Bindiya of In love with food inspired from here & here
8. Aam Daal by Malini of Khana Khazana with Malini inspired from here
9. Appe huli by Priyanka of Asankhana inspired from here
10. Thai Sticky Rice with Mangoes by Pavani of Cook's Hideout inspired from here
11. Mango Salsa by Trupti of Recipe Center inspired from here
12. Spicy Mango Slices by Priyasuresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes inspired from here
13. Aam Pora Shorbot by Malini of Khana Khazana with Malini inspired from here
14 .Mango &carrot milkshake by Rekha of Plantainleaf inspired from here
15. Moist Mango Muffins by Sweatha of TastyCurryLeaf inspired from here
16. Mango Halwa by Srilakshmi of Annapurna inspired from here
17. Mango Rava Kesari by Hemamalini of Salt To Taste inspired from here
18. Microwave Mango Halwa by Priyasuresh of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes inspired from here
Do tell me if any entry is missing or any link incorrect ,so as i can correct it.. ENJOY....