Sunday, February 1
This is a very simple mixture recipe, which can be made very fast and easily at home. It has minimum of spices , so nothing can go wrong with the recipe. Kids love to eat it, as it simple, less spicy, crunchy and filling. My next door neighbor taught me this, before I moved out, and re-located to a bit distinct place.( Earlier either she used to pack and bring it or come at my place and make it for me :) )This assorted mixture is mixed with crunchy bites like roasted peanuts, cashew-nuts, fried beaten rice and cornflakes. What you want to add in your mixture is individuals choice. Here in India, we have assorted styles of mixtures which can be prepared with numerous flavors to choose from; sweet, spicy or tangy.
Raw Corn flakes (Talne wala makka) 2 cuos
Peanuts 3/4 cup
Curry leaves 1/2 cup
Rice flakes , medium (Pooha) 1 1/2 cups
Potato chips, dried (optional)
Coconut dry sliced
Cashew nuts 1/4 cup
Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
- In a heavy bottom pan , add enough oil to deep fry.
- One by one deep fry all the ingredients ( Better in this order :cornflakes, flattened rice, sago, peanuts, cashew nuts and coconut) and take it out in a tissue paper.
- When hot itself, add salt to taste and black pepper.( Later when it cools and extra oil absorbed by tissue paper, it gets tough for the salt to stick to it.)
- Turn off the fire and fry curry leaves.
- Lastly fry the garlic paste too and add all the fried ingredients to it.
- Add sugar. Mix well
- Let it cool before storing in a air tight container.
- Eat it with a cup of tea, or just like that.
We can add home made sev, murukku too to it
Can add raisins too to this mixture for those having sweet tooth