Thursday, April 2
This month i got the honour of hosting FIC, Food In Colors. Thanx Harini for that. So when i thought about which color to select ,i was really confused. It's always there for me, selection is a big trouble, for everthing. What all basic primary colors (or their shades) i could think of in terms of colors of food, were already over. So, after litreally eating away poor harini head, we decided to give it a twist and we ended up in a COMBO. "Red + Green". Whatever you prepare, the final dish should highlight BOTH the colours. Greens shouldn't be just a garnish(from coriander,mint etc), but a prominent color from the main ingredients of the dish. Quite tricky??. No No..., Just its just that green can come from capsicum, beans, peas etc..
So all do send me any vegetarian food, containing the selected colours predominantly. It could be anything from a starter, main course, side dish or a dessert - anything as long as the in the final dish Red And Green BOTH colors can be seen.
Some simple rules as stated by event starter:
1. Raw vegetables are not allowed except if used as such in salads or prepared food!
2. Any number of entries are welcome as long as the posts are done in the month of April. That is 1st April to 30th April.
3. Posts should be linked back to this event to this announcement post and to Sunshinemom of Tongue Ticklers
4. The food item should be vegetarian which may contain eggs.
5. Send the following details to neha.agrawal.2610(at)gmail(dot)com with the FIC, as its subject line
A Photo of final dish(any size)
6. The use of logo is optional, if you use good, if not then also good.:)
7. If you are a non-blogger and you wish to participate, send in the above details with the recipe. I will post them in the round up.
The last date is 30th April, end of April. So all, do send me ur entries for this colorful event..
Waiting for ur entries...