Thursday, April 2

Announcing FIC


This month i got the honour of hosting FIC, Food In Colors. Thanx Harini for that. So when i thought about which color to select ,i was really confused. It's always there for me, selection is a big trouble, for everthing. What all basic primary colors (or their shades) i could think of in terms of colors of food, were already over. So, after litreally eating away poor harini head, we decided to give it a twist and we ended up in a COMBO. "Red + Green". Whatever you prepare, the final dish should highlight BOTH the colours. Greens shouldn't be just a garnish(from coriander,mint etc), but a prominent color from the main ingredients of the dish. Quite tricky??. No No..., Just its just that green can come from capsicum, beans, peas etc..

So all do send me any vegetarian food, containing the selected colours predominantly. It could be anything from a starter, main course, side dish or a dessert - anything as long as the in the final dish Red And Green BOTH colors can be seen.

Some simple rules as stated by event starter:

1. Raw vegetables are not allowed except if used as such in salads or prepared food!

2. Any number of entries are welcome as long as the posts are done in the month of April. That is 1st April to 30th April.

3. Posts should be linked back to this event to this announcement post and to Sunshinemom of Tongue Ticklers

4. The food item should be vegetarian which may contain eggs.

5. Send the following details to neha.agrawal.2610(at)gmail(dot)com with the FIC, as its subject line

Your Name
Blog name
Recipe Name
Recipe URL
A Photo of final dish(any size)


6. The use of logo is optional, if you use good, if not then also good.:)

7. If you are a non-blogger and you wish to participate, send in the above details with the recipe. I will post them in the round up.

The last date is 30th April, end of April. So all, do send me ur entries for this colorful event..
Waiting for ur entries...

34 comments:

Malini Basu said...

Innovative event Neha....shall definitely try to post a recipe...btw..sent one entry for AFM: Cucumber event....do check it....

Neha said...

Thanx malini .. just now i checked mail n did acknowledged ur entry too. As today's last day its showering entries in my inbox.. :), I'm not able to keep pace with it ...

Indian Khana said...

Hmm interesting...now let me know if I can come up with something ....I mean both the colours ;)

Yasmeen said...

Interesting pick red + green,sounds fun:)

Trupti said...

nice color choice neha will try to send something

FH said...

Neha, great theme. In Indian dishes, red and green combo is not a problem I think. I will send you one for sure! :)

Priya Suresh said...

Quite interesting, am eager to see the entries already..count me in:)

Priya Sriram said...

Different and challenging theme! Good luck hosting dear! :)

Anonymous said...

Red and Green phew.. very intersting.. Need to scratch my head for this..

Pooja said...

Thats a nice idea neha...Thinking what will be the next color..Will send you something..

Suparna said...

Hi,
Nice theme :) happy hosting! will try n send something for the event.

Cham said...

I can spot some dishes in my head, right now! I will send something!

CurryLeaf said...

Good Choice Neha,will try to send something,this tme atleast few days b4 deadline.

Neha said...

Thanx all for ur responses. I'm glad its not so tricky afterall, I already rececived a few yummy entries... :) , I'm really happy..

suvi said...

lovely theme Neha, will send something in for this!

Chutneytales said...

Very interesting theme..Will think of something..

Chandani said...

nice combination of colors...good luck with the FIC, neha....

Uma said...

nice theme for FIC Neha! You'll be flooded with entries for sure! :)

Sunshinemom said...

Hey Neha, sorry for not being around! Been carried away by so many things so could not really find time. Thank you for understanding!! Your logo looks cute too:)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

I posted one last month - fits your description perfectly. I will repost and link to your site. Looking forward to nice innovative ideas...
Happy Hosting and posting...

Parita said...

Hi Neha, nice color combination..i have sent my entry, hope u like it.

Subhie Arun said...

hi ...nice color combination...definitely will try to send u something...and u have wonderful site wth wonderful recipes...which r new too me..thx for sharing

Ashwini said...

Hi Neha,

I have been a food blogger for a year and now pursuing food writing very aggressively (Ref: Konkani Foodie).

Today I am preparing something Red and Green, would surely send in the entry.

Cheerz!
Ashwini.

Sanghi said...

Mmm superb colours for the event. Will try to send some.. :)

vidhas said...

Inteersting, Happy to participate.

Ashwini said...

Hi Neha,

Have sent you my entry for FIC - Red and Green.

Thanks,
Ashwini.

Sumy Sunil said...

Neha,

I've sent you my entry for FIC - Red and Green. Please check your inbox.

sumysunil.blogspot.com...Please do visit when time permits

Anonymous said...

Neha,

Interesting theme... sent you my entry.

tigerfish said...

Sounds great. I have just sent in my entry via email :)

Manjusha said...

Hi Neha,

Sending Thai noodles (http://kitchen-clicks.blogspot.com/2009/04/spicy-thai-noodles.html) to this event.

Lakshmi said...

Hi Neha,

Here is my entry -
http://lakshmiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/04/spinach-tomato-sauce-for-pastaspaghetti.html

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Anonymous said...

Hi Neha,

i`ve sent u an entry for the FIC Red+Green. Do check your mail and acknowledge when time permits.

Regards,

Shobha
www.anubhavati.wordpress.com

Soma said...

Neha, just mailed my entry to you.
http://www.ecurry.com/blog/soups-and-salads/salad/jewel-salad/
Soma(www.ecurry.com)

lubnakarim06 said...

I sent you my entry...Please check it....