Sunday, March 16

Sabodana Vada


Ingredients:

1 cup sabodana (sago)
1/2 cup peanuts roasted, crushed coarsely
1 potato boiled, peeled, mashed
7-8 green chillies crushed
2 tbsp. coriander leaves finely chopped
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
salt to taste
oil to deep fry

Method:

Wash sago and drain excess water.
Soak it for about 3 to 4 hours with almost double volume of water.
When done, drain excess water via a sieve. Add all ingredients except oil. Mix well.
Make pattie shaped rounds (flattish) with moist hands.
Deep fry in hot oil on medium flame.
Turn once and fry other side till light brown, and crisp.
rain on kitchen paper or rack.
Serve hot with tamarind chutney.
Or, you may serve peanut chutney (refer) mixed in curds as a dip.
Time: 45-60 mins

1 comment:

Sapna said...

Hi,
I am so glad to see your blog. it has all those recipes which I was looking for. Also, I am on a spree of losing weight and your blog is providing me with many recipes which I can prepare and not increase my calorie intake.
I just wanted to thank you for these recipes thought I didn't know how to post a comment on the salad recipe I just gave a try here for this recipe.

Thanks ,
Sapna